Our Horseback Ride Policies
We trailer our horses to several trailheads in the Charlottesville and Central Virginia area. Each guided horseback ride is private, meaning our guide and your party, and customized to meet the needs of your group.
We ask that you book your horseback ride several days in advance, if possible. We will provide directions to the trailhead at the time you book your ride.
**We do not offer trail rides at our farm**
- For the safety of our riders and horses, we have a 250lb weight limit. Good physical condition is a plus. Riders must be able to mount and dismount on their own, with a mounting block.
- The minimum age is 12 years old, unless the rider has 1-2 years of prior riding experience.
- Riders will be given safety and riding instructions and must be able to demonstrate the ability to control the horse and be of their own physical ability to ride.
- Closed toed shoes and pants are required.
- Helmets are available but not required.
- For the safety of all riders and horses, we do not allow you to bring your own horse.
- Reservations are required as we only offer private rides. We recommend booking at least several days in advance.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted on any of our rides.
- No-shows or cancellations within 48 hours will result in the forfeit of your deposit and loss of your reservation.
We require a credit card to hold your reservation. If you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled ride, there is no charge. If you cancel with less than the required notice, fail to show up, or show up intoxicated, we will charge the full amount to the card on file.
Inclement Weather Policy
Our guides will have the final call in regards to weather. We will not cancel for light rain, or extreme temperatures, so please check the weather and dress accordingly. Should we make the decision to cancel, you have the option of rescheduling and will not incur any charges.
Our guides are working long before and long after your ride begins and ends. They do their best to provide you with an unbeatable experience. If you had a great time on your ride, show your appreciation by tipping your guide.